Do your people get frustrated when their manager and team mates don’t listen?
Audience: This program is suitable for people at all levels of the organisation who have an investment in developing key communication skills to increase their effectiveness in developing collaborative team behaviours, managing conflict and harnessing team and individual potential.
In our course on effective communication skills, we teach specialised techniques and provide practical tools to help managers develop these key capabilities.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand your communication style
- Adapt your communication style to the needs of your team members and others
- Ask questions that connect and engage
- Develop powerful listening skills
- Give and receive authentic feedback to enhance performance
- Manage difficult conversations
The following Content is indicative only
- What is effective Communication?
- Why is effective communication important?
- The Ten Desires That Drive Us – Hugh Mackay
- Meeting the communication needs of your team
- Key stakeholders and communication
- Respect for Difference
- Understanding your communication style
- Tips and Techniques for Communicating with Difference
- Understanding Team Behaviour – Adapting My Style
- Powerful Questioning – The key to influence
- 6 Keys to successful questioning
- Deep Listening
- The Ten Laws of Human Communication
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Positive Feedback Model
- Corrective or Developmental Feedback
- Peer Coaching Model
- The power of Consultation
- The Consultative Conversation Model
- Action Plan – The next step
Delivery – We deliver this program in-house
Duration: While we typically deliver this program over 1 day this may change as we customise the program for you.